Thank you to those who registered by the March 1 deadline!
Empower will field a 2020/21 (current 7/8 grade) team for both the New England Shootout and Bitter Lacrosse Tournaments. Sarah Martin and Whit Hagerman Willocks will be our lead coaches.
Currently we have a waiting list for both tournaments. If you are interested in getting on the waiting list, please e-mail Marianne Bocock Doyle at email@example.com.
- We will take 20 players per team. This is new for 2016.
- Goalies are free for the Empower practices, but we ask that goalies cover the tournament costs and complete a Registration Form.
- Players can sign-up for one or both tournament/practice sessions. The tournament and three preceding practices are bundled together – not “sold separately.”
- All summer tournaments are 12v12 unless stated otherwise.
- We have financial assistance if needed. Once we become a non-profit (we are getting close!), we hope to lower the cost for everyone. Until then, please, please do not let the registration fee be a barrier for participation. Please e-mail Reese Brown if interested in financial assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our lean summer tournament schedule paired with well-selected, college lacrosse camps are a great way to fit lacrosse into your summer in a way that caters to the specific player’s interests and works well with your family’s schedule. Please talk with Sarah Martin (Sarah-Martin@comcast.net) if you would like to learn more about certain summer lacrosse camps.
- Whit Hagerman Willocks anad Sarah Martin will coach both practice sessions and tournament teams; as always, we hope to pull in college players as well.
NEW ENGLAND SHOOTOUT, JUNE 26
- Location: Souhegan High School in Amherst, NH
- Practices: June 22, 23, 24, 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at Huntley Meadows in Norwich, VT. We are working on guest speakers to address leadership, team communication techniques and/or nutrition.
- Divisions: 2020/21’s.
- Rain plan: If there is bad weather, the tournament will move to the Hampshire Dome in Milford, NH. If we are in the Dome, the organizers might change the format to 7v7.
Cost: $180 for three practices and the one-day tournament
BITTER TOURNAMENT, JULY 16-17
- Location: Stowe, VT at multiple field sites. This is a far larger tournament than the NE Shootout.
- Practices: July 12, 13, 14, 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at Huntley Meadows in Norwich, VT. We are working on guest speakers to address leadership, team communication techniques and/or nutrition.
- Cost: TBD, but it will include the Bitter Tournament fees/coaching costs and three practices.
- Housing: We will again have lodging for those interested at the Mt Mansfield Winter Academy. Lodging will be for Saturday night and cost $45 and includes a great pasta dinner. Breakfast will be on your own, but there is a full kitchen and refrigeration so please bring your chosen breakfast foods. Our lodge is a Ski Academy and will be somewhat dorm like. Please bring bedding or sleeping bag and towel. Address is 3576 Mountain Rd, Stowe, VT. Check in time will be determined by the game schedule. There is a swimming hole nearby. Please contact Marianne if interested in staying, there are a limited number of spots.
- Rain Plan: the organizers delay the games, but there is no indoor space.
Cost: $240 for three practices and two-day tournament
Bitter Website for more information on the Bitter Tournament: http://bitterlacrosse.leagueapps.com/tournaments/67237-stowe-lax-festival-i