The Bitter Tournament Team may be full, but there a few spots left for 2021’s and 2022’s for the Port City Challenge. Please e-mail Marianne Doyle ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org if you/your daughter is interested. Registration details and policies are now at the bottom of this page.
Please let Marianne know if you would like to order an new Empower backpack (the Harrow Elite in royal and silver) for $56.
This tournament has concluded!
Location: Stowe, VT.
Practices for the Bitter tournament teams:
Tuesday, July 11, from 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Wednesday, July 12, from 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Thursday, July 13, from 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Location for Practices: All practices will be at Sachem Field in Lebanon, NH. Sachem Field is next to Campion Rink and across the street from Hanover Veterinary.
Speaker Series: “Amplifying the Healthy Voices”: Brook Rainey, Dean at KUA, will speak to the girls on Tuesday, July 11. See Brook’s information at http://www.brooklynraney.com.
Division: We will take a team of 2020’s, 2021’s and 2022’s.
PORT CITY CHALLENGE
- There are two hotels with group rates. Let’s aim for the Fairfield Inn.
- Here is the site from the tournament website: http://www.travelteamusa.com/index.php/secure?pageID=notice&eid=149890&hx=dd5080f555e344fd1ac1a8d816b8a366
- May 23 is the final day of the group rates!
- The Empower Team has the opportunity to stay at the Mansfield Ski Academy dorm.
- Tournament players, please e-mail Marianne if you’d like to stay with the team, and I will give you the link to the google doc. There are 25 spots, and it will be on a first come-first served basis. Cost is $50/night per person.
- We will wear an Empower pinnie, an Empower shirt, and Empower black shorts.
- Tournament players, please e-mail Marianne, and I will give you the link to order our uniform. I will ask you to pay by check at the first practice.
DIRECTIONS FOR REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- E-mail Marianne Bocock Doyle (email@example.com) with the following information to reserve a space on a team. Please see the division options under each tournament.
HS Graduation Year:
Additional e-mail contact information and best phone number:
- The Empower Board of Directors will assess our numbers on May 2 and announce the teams participating. Payment and full registration information will be on our website from May 3 – May 16, 10:00 pm. Active US Lacrosse membership will be necessary.
- CANCELLATION POLICY. There will be no refund after May 3, 2017, except in the case of injury and with a note from your daughter’s doctor.
- The age groupings are organized by high school graduation year. For example, a current 8th grader is a 2021. A current 7th grader is a 2022.
- Players can sign-up for one or both tournament/practice sessions. The tournament and three preceding practices are bundled together and are not “sold separately.”
- If we have over 20 players signed up per team, we will need to hold try-outs. All summer tournaments are 12v12 unless stated otherwise.
- Goalies will be allowed to practice free of charge, but will have to cover the tournament fees. Please contact Marianne for the special goalie rate.
- We will continue our popular “speaker series.” Brook Rainey, Cindy Pierce, Dr. Rebecca Nash and Dr. Nancy Turkington have been apart of Empower’s attempt to “amplify the healthy voices.”
- We have financial aid for our programs. Please e-mail the chair of our Board, Reese Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested, and he will e-mail you the one page request form.