Empower Lacrosse Club is a non-profit, local lacrosse club that believes in supporting the multi-sport athlete, developing the whole player and focusing on long-term development. Our goal is never to lose sight of the importance of character in building a team and strong, healthy, well-rounded athletes.
- To offer lacrosse opportunities, while respecting the school/recreation spring schedule and encouraging participation in multiple sports.
- To focus on the long-term development of players.
- To offer excellent coaching, leveraging local resources with college coaching and playing experience.
- To promote a whole-player approach to athlete development and to follow best practices as suggested by the Lacrosse Athlete Development Model (LADM) created by US Lacrosse.
- To foster leadership and overall health through our speaker series, “Amplify the Healthy Voices,” and in all Empower events, including practices, clinics and tournaments.
- Third though eighth grade girls who are excited for 7v7 and/or full-field competition, skill development, a whole-player focus, local practices, and a seasonal lacrosse commitment that works well with other sports.
- High school players who want more lacrosse opportunities, local playing time and excellent coaching. These players might consider a larger, out-of-town club eventually, but for now want a local option that competes regionally.
- Players who would like to compete in regional tournaments in the fall and summer, but also have time to attend college lacrosse camps of their choosing.
- Players who would benefit from individual and small group clinics and individual college/lacrosse counseling. Offered by individual request.
Develop the Multi-Sport Athlete and Focus on the Long-term Development of the Whole-Player
- Love of the game and overall athletic intelligence
- Personal goal setting
- Recognition of strengths and areas for improvement
- Resilience and confidence
- Leadership and effective team communication
- Strength, conditioning and nutrition
- Coaching feedback and decisions based on long-term development of the player vs. the short-term scoreboard.
Develop Lacrosse Skills
- Offensive and defensive concepts and strategies
- Stick Skills: Passing/catching/dodging/shooting
- Draw techniques
- Goal keeping
- Uneven situations
- Small games
Understand The Future: High School and College Play
- College/Lacrosse counseling sessions for individuals and small groups
- Recruiting process- When and how to begin?
- Summer lacrosse camp/exposure event counseling
- Skill assessment
The Board of Directors
Chair: Reese Brown from Woodstock, VT
Treasurer: Lindsay Fox from Hanover, NH
Secretary: Vicki McCorkle from Hanover, NH
Jill Collins from Norwich, VT
Marianne Bocock Doyle from Hanover, NH
Sara Ecker from Thetford, VT