There are two components to the fall season: the practices and the tournaments. Players can register for just the five fall practices or do both the practices and 7v7 tournament/s. This is new for 2016.
- There will be NO practice at Huntley on October 23 and October 30, the two tournament days.
- Players must attend the Empower practices to play on the tournament teams.
- Please write separate checks for tournament and practice participation.
BLUE AND WHITE TEAMS
Also new for 2016 is skill-based practice and tournament squads. These will be formed within the age groups. The assessment will take place at the first practice. For example, the high school group will be placed into blue and white teams. We will let players know their assigned teams by the second practice. Blue and white teams will play both together and separately in practice. It will be the rare occasion that a player would play outside of her age group, but it is a remote possibility.
We offer financial assistance with our program cost. We are a lean organization, a brand new non-profit organization, without a lot of financial wiggle room, but we do not want cost to be a prohibitive factor for players. Please contact Reese Brown, chair of the Empower Lacrosse Club Board of Directors, at email@example.com if your family is interested in a payment plan or reduced fees.
As in the past, we will have an Empower CHaD HERO team; the race is Sunday, Oct. 16. Get your tutus out! It is possible and fun to participate in both the CHaD HERO RUN and then the afternoon Empower practice.
FALL PRACTICE SERIES REGISTRATION FORM (Click Here)
Payers must be a US Lacrosse Member. (Click HERE to register with US Lacrosse)
- 4th (2025s). We will run this age group if 8 or more are signed up by Sept. 5. E-mail Marianne immediately, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have a 4th grader that would like to play. This group will not play in tournaments.
- 5th (2024s) and 6th (2023s)
- 7th (2022s) and 8th (2021s)
- High School (2020-2017s). This is a perfect opportunity for high school players, JV and Varsity, to play in a local club and keep a stick in their hand through the fall. We focus on small games and skills. Our coaches are very experienced, both as players and coaches, and focus on the whole-player – developing both leadership and lacrosse skills. The two tournaments are both within a two-hour drive.
Monday, Sept 5 Early Bird deadline for lower price for practices
Sunday, Sept. 11 Practice, 3:00-5:00 pm at Huntley Meadows in Norwich, VT
Sunday, Sept. 18 Practice, 3:00-5:00 pm at Huntley Meadows in Norwich, VT
Sunday, Sept. 25 Practice, 3:00-5:00 pm at Huntley Meadows in Norwich, VT
Sunday, Oct. 2 Practice, 3:00-5:00 pm at Huntley Meadows in Norwich, VT.
Registration deadlines for UNH and Lighthouse Fall Fest
Sunday, Oct. 9 No practice; Columbus Day Weekend.
Sunday, Oct. 16 CHaD HERO RUN
Practice as usual at Huntley Meadows from 3:00-5:00 pm.
Possible full-team dinner at Ramuntos.
Sunday, Oct. 23 UNH 7v7 Tournament. No practice at Huntley.
Sunday, Oct. 30 Lighthouse Fall Fest 7v7. No practice at Huntley.
Sunday, Nov. 6 Possible Make-up Practice, 2:00-4:00 pm.
- $175 for the practices at Huntley if the Registration Form is POSTMARKED by Friday, September 2
- $200 if POSTMARKED after September 2.
- Goalies, can practice free of charge, but must pay tournament fees. Please fill out a registration form, for both tournaments and practices, nonetheless.
DIRECTIONS TO HUNTELY MEADOWS
Entering Norwich, VT, from the east, Dan and Whits will be on your left. Take a LEFT onto Turnpike Road. Huntley Meadows Field Complex will be on your LEFT.