As we wind down our fall Empower sessions, we have a few announcements.
- PARENT MEETING. There will be a Parent Meeting for all parents interested in Empower Lacrosse for their daughter. As we enter our second year, it is increasingly clear to us the role we can play to help your daughters develop as lacrosse players and student-athletes. On Nov. 2, after practice, all of the fall participants will be invited to a pizza dinner at Ramuntos, and parents will meet likely at Hanover High School. We are still working on the Parent Meeting location. Both events will end by 6:30. Please RSVP to Lynne Naughton, email@example.com, by Thursday, October 30, for (1) your daughter for pizza and (2) the number of parents attending the meeting. Lynne will let us know the cost per head for the pizza.
- PINNIE. Although your daughters should be in charge of their own gear, please make sure she brings her Empower pinnie to practice. They serve a real and necessary function.
- DARTMOUTH WINTER CLINIC. One of our goals is to encourage Empower players to attend local lacrosse clinics. Dartmouth’s Women’s Lacrosse Winter Clinic is December 6-7, 2014, and is 6th-12th grade. Find information on this clinic on the Dartmouth Sports website, Women’s Lacrosse, click “MORE” on the far right, and then “CAMPS AND CLINICS.” Register now; it will fill up! We will have flyers on Sunday.
- CONDITIONING CLUB. Conditioning Club will meet from 4-5 p.m. at 16 Downing Rd on Friday. Please RSVP to me by Friday at noon if your daughter will attend.
- STICK SKILL CHALLENGE. Focus on your off-side from now on, and your chances of winning that brand new stick are still excellent. It’s never too late to start.